Landlord Not Liable for Explosion Death of Tenant's Employee

What Happened: A warehouse employee was killed when the hair care product he was handling exploded in his face. The victim had no idea that the product was dangerous because the container was improperly labeled. But while the employer that stored the product was clearly guilty of Cal-OSHA, fire code, and other violations, it was only a small business. So, the victim’s family sued the landlord instead. The trial court found the landlord not liable and tossed the case without a trial.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from Commercial Lease Law Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?

Topics